No announcement yet.

The sorry state of affairs of SC/ST in ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore 560017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sorry state of affairs of SC/ST in ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore 560017

The popular perception is that SC/ST employed in Government are a well off lot and they get their promotions on time and are well protected. But the truth is far from the truth.

We the SC/ST Association of Indian Space Research Organisation Satellite Centre, Airport Centre, Bangalore 560 017 have a different story to tell. SC/ST in Department of Space/ ISRO are the worst harassed lot. We face caste discrimination at every stage of our work. Our complaints are not heard by the outside world especially the media because this Department has a huge PR Machinery. We have represented to every Constitutional Authority in the Country but nobody has found time to attend to our complaint and question the Department of Space/ISRO.

Here is the sequence of one of the biggest cases of CASTE DISCRIMINATION IN ISRO:-

1. During a Promotional Committee meeting in September 2005, a SC/ST Technician Candidate was wrongfully denied promotion (He had scored 61% as against the norm of 50% for SC/ST Candidates, even for General Candidates it is 60%). The SC/ST representative questioned it and was humilated by a senior scientist. The SC/ST Engineer lodged a complaint with the Administration after taking witness signature of all the Committee members present.

2. Similarly, 13 SC/ST Candidates were wrongly denied promotion despite scoring 70%. Again the same SC/ST Engineer who was the SC/ST representative on the DPC protested and he was removed from the Promotion Committee itself.

3. One of the Scientists who humilated the SC/ST Engineer has acknowledged the guilt in an AFFIDAVIT but no action has been taken against him.

4. 5 Departmental Enquiries have been conducted on the matter and in all the enquiries it has been proved that the 3 Senior Scientist have indulged in castesim but the Department of Space is unwilling to take any action against him.

5. The SC/ST Engineer who has raised this issue has been repeatedly threatned with severe Departmental Action for raising the issue. Though, practice of untouchability is a punishable offence in Government no action has been taken against the three senior scientist.

6. One of the Senior Scientist has been recommended for promotion as Outstanding Scientist and also extension of service. In the recommendation sent to the Appointment Committee of Cabinet no mention has been made about the presence of a SC/ST Harrassment complaint.

7. SC/ST in ISAC are not allowed to celebrate the birthday of Dalit Messiah and Founder of Constitution Dr. B R Ambedkar in a befeeting manner.

8. SC/ST Association of ISAC is not provided a room eventhough associations which have not relation to the Department have been provided rooms viz., HAM Association and Environment Association of Bangalore

9. Here is the biggest shocker of ISRO's policy towards SC/ST in recruitment.

RBI recruits Grade II Officer for its work. General Candidates are expected to score 60% marks in Graduation and SC/ST Candidates are expected to score 50%.

Almost every Government Organisation provides marks concession to SC/ST Candidates.

Indian Space Research Organisation which does not want SC/ST to get into its set-up has specified 60% marks in graduation for SC/ST to apply for the POST OF CLERK.

Thus a post of clerk in ISRO is more important an officer in RBI and IAS.

ALL THESE ISSUES HAVE BEEN BOUGHT TO THE NOTICE OF GOVERNMENT, BUT NO ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN. A GOVERNMENT WHICH CANNOT IMPLEMENT RESERVATION IN GOVERNMENT IS TRYING TO PROVIDE RESERVATION IN PRIVATE SECTOR AND HIGHER EDUCATION, WHAT A PITY!

WE THE SC/ST OF ISRO SATELLITE CENTRE, BANGALORE 560017 HAVE TOLERATED HUMILATION FOR 30 YEARS AND ITS ENOUGH. WE DONT WANT TO TOLERATE FURTHER HUMILATION. TO PLACE OUR DEMANDS IN PUBLIC, WE WILL BE CARRYING OUT A PROTEST MARCH IN AND AROUND AIRPORT ROAD ON 02/06/2006 starting from ISRO Satellite Centre Main Gate at 8 A.M. Please join us if you can or atleast write a mail in support of us to our email id

I was sorry to hear ur woes. But in private sector we dont even know half the time if a person belongs to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe or other backward class and hence the discrimnation too is very minimal. However its different in govt sectors.

According to me the very fact that a special treatement is given to sc/st candidates applying for a job in govt offices gives a feeling of envy to their counterparts.. I think the govt is sowing the seeds in the first place by providing reservation. Thats the reason why even ppl with high credentials but belonging to sc/ st are looked down upon.

And tell me if u ppl really think that ur condition is so miserable that u all need a special favour in the name of reseravtion. Or should it be given to economically backward sector of all castes.???

And why do we go and vote for politicians who dangle this carrot of reservation and use us like donkeys????

Comment

hey rohit...i am sorry there is no citicism against u in here..but just answer me one question.....how will u erase the humiliation and harrasement these so called reservation candidates u r saying .....be compensated..i grudge no way anyone can help them in their feelings at the time of harrasment....the majority of who participated in the independence struggle and without whom u would never have realised a free india...I hope u have good knowledge of the coutries population statistics...if u consider for the majority its the reservation candidates..yet they have never retaliated in any matter..if they would or will..its just 80crore againt 20 crore..just imagine...the present senario u r talking is like a compensation of what has been doen to these reservation people.and its has to be gone through..despite of knowing they have to be availed of such reservations..the upper cast people are even then making this world ..the reservation peoples own coutry...a hell for them.its more wreckening when some of our brother himself kills our right to talk or right to ask for help.If people in this country had a good heart and feeling for these lower cast people...why would everyone who gets to the premier institutes not looking for a sway back of the countries economy..if not selfish about their needs why wouldn't anyone be back home and help to erase the need of reservations..by helping the poor...how many of people living in urban areas..'d like to live their life in those slum like villages..i bet not even one....and don't talk anymore of u r thoughts which i think are without statistics.and proofs..those people who are fighting against reservations..they themselves don't know the ground reason for the reservation evolvement.And i can expect u one among them...I'd be greatful if people in thsi country help the reserved catogories get their lost stature and shine.where people say every human has the same kind of brain and IQ..teh only difference is very few use it.so why do people think lower caste are not so worthy and they might degrade the environment.The reason they are given reservations is not because they r less inteligent but to make them feel there is no inequality of which caste u belong to all are equal in the eyes of constitution.When some suffred it is fact that the one who made them suffer has to suffer at some point of time..according to BHAGAVAD GEETHA.though teh suffere this time is not the accused but his descendents...be cool ..and think that there are millions who are uneducated and poor in lower caste community than upper caste.
      I don't mind to get u the statistics but please don't go with fury or others words..just think and learn something from history.

Comment

Well they should get a chance but why in the universities and colleges. I would have understood if there was free education for STs and SC's in school. But why not there. THere they would have been educated well and then it would have been fair or else the condition of India will go down again. We will lose better students who are more talented then them.

Comment

yes Rohit,u should be aware of the facts n history......

Look at the ones who intitated this tread...they are really in need of help... we really can't expect a situation in an organization like this and it is humiliating to have discrimination based on the caste...Does the upper caste ppl have anything more than backward classes?It is true that everyone has equal portions of IQ n it really depends upon the situation how it emerges out.....

Pls don't always think on the education system or in recruitng ppl for a job.... there are many more issues and many more sectors where some of the backward classes need help from the upper sections of the society.....

Comment

yeah i think dividing people on the basis of caste is not proper. If one has to give reservation then one should give reservation on the basis of the financial condition of the person. People who are financially unstable and are financially poor should be given free education and be supported.

Comment

I dont trust the authencity of this article.Do you think such a big thing would go unnoticed by the media ?
              OBC,ST and SC should look at themselves when they apply for quoto at universities,when you fill up the forms in those quotas you yourself are distancing yourself from the rest of the society.
              Have you ever thought how a so called "higher cast" deserving student with poor economic background would feel when his seat is given to someone else on basis of quoto this quota system?I don't think so.You talk about a stupid thing like promotion whereas there are many deserving students who dont even receive education because of these quotas.Isn't that discriminating?Do you see them protesting(until recently)?

Comment

Well this is a chaos. And it happened. Well they also increased the amount of seats in universities. Now the professors are protesting that they don't have enough professors and they can't teach so many students. So its stupid. Protests everywhere. No one is happy with any decision.

Comment

My dear Slash,u myt not come across such kind of things.......tht's the reason why u r supposed to express ur view like tht way.....Now a days media lost the meaning,we can't believe newspapers.We have some local ones like Eenadu,which supports a political party jus based on the casteism whether u believe it or not(of course it will not be directly pointed out in newspaper tht we are going to justify this party itself)....

I know casteism has its roots even on the most sacred educational institutions(Engg colleges,medical colleges)It is pitiable tht it started affecting Intermediate guys with the support of his brothers.......I am the eye witness of such kind of things.......

Coming to the applications filling procedure,if u are a handicapped n offered a concession in fare,u will surely check it even though u didn't like being handicapped,rite????It is the nature of the MAN tht if we have a chance we will surely utilize....

PLEASE DO REMEMBER THAT I AM NOT A CARE TAKER OF THE BACKWARD CLASSES N I JUS EXPRESSED MY VIEWS N NOT MEANT TO HURT ANYONE PERSONALLY.....HOPE U DO UNDERSTOOD

Comment

I never said that discrimnation on ISRO is right or anything. I think i was misinterpreted

I was just saying that nothing comes for free in life. You have to pay the price for everything.

You want reservations in schools colleges and jobs in the name of caste. And u also expect others not to differentiate u from their community?? how s this possible??

If handicapped or economically backward or underpreviledged people are given reservations its logically understandable. But if the entire population of a caste is given the same. Its simple politics to get votes.

You people get selfish and vote for such dirty politicians. And u end up getting that dirt in one form or the other.

I am not against any caste but this is the reason why dirty ppl are in power today. Somebody gets votes in teh name of religion, somebody promises free electricity, somebody announces quotas and its our greed that encourages us to vote for such ppl irrespective of what his intentions are.

And all we get is 278 ppl with criminal records in the parliament house with 500 something m.ps

Comment

Working...
                    X